Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Death of Irony

I know I'm not the funniest or coolest cat on the block, but I like to think I still have a little bit of it.
Obviously, I'm the only one.
I noticed this yesterday on Facebook (Yes, Facebook. So what.) A "mommy friend" of mine had put on her status, "Disney is so expensive". So I did what any self-respecting 20-something would do:  I replied " Yeah, especially when you figure in all the alcohol you'll need for the Electric Light Parade.."
Absolutely no one thought that was funny.
What? Was one of the side effects of your epidural "sudden loss of  humor"?
It just seems like all these women (and I'm sure some dudes too) just lose any sort of fun once they pop out a baby. Like suddenly jokes about male genitalia and drug use are no longer funny to them. I call shenanigans, 'cause that mess is always funny. I'm sure they think "I'm someone's mother. That's so unbecoming". I only have that thought when I debate whether or not I should be buying my clothes from the clearance rack at Hot Topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment