Friday, July 30, 2010

Share and Share Alike

We live in a house with four dogs.
I put it that way because we don't really own them; they're more like roommates. Stinky, loud, fighting, annoying roommates. The Kid loves the dogs. She'll try to kiss them and hug them and when they don't stop immediately and bask in her attention she chases after them and try to bite them. Because she has to assert her dominance as the Alpha of The Pack I suppose.
The other day, I was sitting in the living room eating cheez-its when The Kid decides that Mamie needs to try one too. Now, Mamie is half-boxer, half-lab, and completely stupid sweet. So basically, whatever The Kid wants to do with her, the dog obliges. Well, The Kid's real big into this 'sharing' concept, so she decides to share a cheez-it with the dog. Instead of sweetly handing one to the dog she shoves her WHOLE HAND down in dog's mouth.
Oh crap.
This can only end in tears.
Little did I know, it was canine tears. Mamie tries to back up, but The Kid's right there; one hand grabbing her lip, the other force-feeding her like she was trying for froie-gras. I jump up in an effort to save my child from the teeth of this dog, but what I ended up doing was saving the dog from certain death by choking. As The Kid finally pulls her hand from the dog's mouth, she immediately offers me the dog slobber cracker.
Because, ya know, we're supposed to share.
I'm a complete idiot for teaching her that.

No comments:

Post a Comment